Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hotel Shopping I & II

We didn’t do down M’sia on Wed coz.. I was so stressed after chats with my buddies on Xmas eve. Everyone is asking me whether our date has been confirmed and venue etc. So, we decided to make our maiden trip down to those hotels that we short listed WITHOUT APPOINTMENT and naturally.. we were rejected coz all the wedding coordinators are not free to ‘entertain’ us! Lesson learnt – Do not assume anything and always call and book an appointment first! roarRRR~

End up we only managed to visit Grand Plaza Park Hotel City Hall and first impression – very china. Erhm I mean oriental looking.
.
Also didn’t really know what to ask since it being the first hotel that we approached, so based on the pointers that I found on the forum and from friends, Miffy the ‘extrovert’ (as compare to the shy bear which he insists) managed to checked out some information lah.. Can also have an outdoor solemnization (complementary!!!)! Though its very small, I like it =D


Really no luck to check out Pan Pac or Swissotel, quite disappointed and angry with myself for being so moo moo and stubborn.. and dearie Mr Ang didn’t blame me.. made me even more guilty.. Nevertheless we decided to… yeah catch a movie: National Treasure! Not badz.. tho I think the first hour was a bit draggy and the decoding seemed too smooth and easy =P

And more email responses over the next 2 days and finally today, we made our 2nd attempt down City Hall yet again. This time to Swissotel Stamford. Hmm.. overall feel is quite gloomy the place.. Bear don’t really like the blank walls and relatively not much of perks.. I took very long to do a +/- analysis.. of coz.. I am a rational economist! So must weigh the pros and cons before any decision making.. just like how I choose my man.. opps~ blink blink nothing HEE


But after these 2 trips, I realize given our small number of tables, we cant really expect much eg. themes, lots freebies, or a grand ballroom (which I fantasized since young) etc. oh well, now that I am really grown up, I have to be realistic.. I dun need a very elaborate wedding, I feel I just want it to be a simple and cosy affair with my close and loved ones. Maybe I will envy my friends’ wedding when I attend theirs in future, but I am happy with the way it is now =)

So at the moment, we still have our eyes laid on Grand Plaza Park Hotel. Though bear didn’t hear of it at all and its really quite low-profile. Anyway just did my research bout this Park Palace restaurant and the reviews seem positive enough to reassure me and definitely good price deals. Just worried bout the food.. (hope the links work for those who are keen to read on..) So if you have any comments with this venue, please give some 2 cents worth okie dokie =)


Oh ya.. as for the Si Chuan Dou Hua.. nothing much to comment coz totally out coz.. it just doesn’t appeal to us.. or at least to the bridegroom-to-be.

No comments: