Monday, April 13, 2009

Simplify your time techniques & words of wisdom!


Seven ways to say "No" while keeping your relationship with the Other Person
1. "Give me some time to consider", "Let me think about it. I'll call you back in an hour." Call back in an hour and say "No" politely without any justification.
2. "That's a great offer" But your time is so taken up with something else at the moment that you must regretfully say "No" to this project. Don't explain what 'something else' is or why it is more important. That could lead to a contradiction...
3. "I value you so much... There's no one I would rather do that with than with you, but this time i have to say no."
4. "That's something I don't do as a matter of policy."
5. "I'm really sorry for you."
6. "That doesn't suit me." Instead of saying "No, I don't feel like it", try saying "No, I can't do it that day."
7. "Hmmmm.... no." Say "No" in a definite tone of voice and look at the person when you say it. Otherwise you make it look as though there is still room for negotiation.
.
There is a natural law in psychology just as in physics: the level of stress to which you are exposed corresponds exactly to your capacity to cope with it. People who can handle stress (and openly declare it) are given more and MORE to cope with - until one day they break!

No comments: